auto fill a custom field with specific values

Hi there,

I am searching a solution for my problem:

In JIRA, I am trying to configure a custom field that way, that it is automatically filled with a provided value, when in another field a specific value is chosen...

Example: In custom field "A" a specific company is choosen (select list). Custom field "B" now should be filled automatically with the responsible person for the company, choosen in field "A"

Any idea, if this can be done?

Thanks

Holger

4 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Accepted answer

Thanks Peter, Chaithra and Oilspace.........

Your comments were quite helpful. I am playing around with it already. It looks, like this could be my solution :o)

br

Holger

Hi Oilspace Sysadmin,

thanks for your quick answer. An auto fill on issue creation would be a beginning :-)

Can you provide me with a link to a "postfunction howto"?

thanks...and have a good weekend

Holger

if you need this filling on create of issue - this easily can be done with postfunction in create transition
if you need this on editing of issue - it's more complicated

If the options in the CustomField A are very less, then you can use javascript.

But if the combinations are more, then you have do it with Post function (Note: This doesnot work on Edit action).

Other way is you can use Servlet & Jquery to meet your requirement - refer similar kind of post at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/155690/using-jira-user-properties-to-prefill-custom-fields-on-create - This will work on all action

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,300 views 12 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you