add notice word on issue screen

marshal August 7, 2021

hi there,

just want to know how to add this notice word on issue screen. now i am current use 8.6 version, server side.

Lark20210807-180018.png

thank you very much.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2021

Hi @marshal ,

Add a new custom field Message Custom Field (for view) and on the description place the following code:

{panel:bgColor=#deebff}
(i) This info panel
{panel}

Add the above field on the appropriate screens and adjust its order. That should do the trick.

Let me know if everything works!

Alex 

marshal August 12, 2021

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply, seems like i need add new app as below, do you know if we don't rely on new app, how should we do this?

can not search about mesxxxxxxx

screenshot-20210812-172119.png

app

screenshot-20210812-171636.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2021

It seems that you haven't install that app yet, and that's why you can't find it while searching. Try to install it first.

marshal August 19, 2021

OK, thank you, Alex.

3 votes
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 25, 2022

This works for us in Jira Data Center 8.13 to produce a big yellow box

1. Install the Jira Toolkit app
  2. Add a new field of type Message Field (Edit) to your screen(s)
  3. Edit the default value to have a value such as
<div style="background-color: yellow; border: 2px solid red; margin: 4px; padding: 2px; font-weight: bold; font-size: larger;">
Some text goes here
</div>

It looks like you want something that looks like a Confluence "info" macro. I would create one in a wiki page then use Inspect to find the actual div element attributes

siva February 27, 2022

@Matt Doar 

It worked for me in jira server thanks for the code.

Thanks,

Siva.

1 vote
siva February 24, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_

My issue also related to  Message Custom field (for edit) type and i'm unable to get color background to my message here my question below.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-create-message-custom-field-edit-with-the-background/qaq-p/1955991#M520996

Please advice me where I did mistake in my configuration and thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Siva.

Zekai Huang May 15, 2023

This works for my case. Thank you.

0 votes
Patrick Haley August 19, 2021

@Daniel Ebers directed me to this thread from my post. This worked for me in Jira Cloud without adding any apps. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
February 25, 2022

But this is about jira server ;)

siva February 25, 2022

thanks

Suggest an answer