How to create message custom field (edit) with the background color

siva February 24, 2022

Hello all, 

Recently created a message custom field (edit) type based on the below document 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/add-a-custom-message-to-the-create-issue-screen-in-jira-server-759990667.html

But I'm unable to  get the background color in my screen and it shows the whole content as a message along with code and also attaching the screen shots for reference

Here the message set in default field

f 1.png

Here the message in screen

f 2.png

And I want  message on screen like this

f 3.png

Can anyone please help me where i did a mistake on this and thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Siva.

2 answers

0 votes
Patrick Haley February 25, 2022

Edit: Removed my post and linked the resolution in another comment. 

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2022

Hi @siva 

You try to set the default value with that action, or you want to set the description?

Placing the markup text on a default value, will not do the trick.

siva February 25, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Thanks for the reply, Just want to give note to the users in transition screen while issue move to another status. Actually i'm not aware of this custom field. So, please help me with according to my needs and i want message should be like this.

f 3.png

Thanks,

Siva.

Patrick Haley February 25, 2022

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ actually made a post on this a while back that helped me: Solved: add notice word on issue screen (atlassian.com)

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2022

@siva indeed the post I made about Jira Server works also in the cloud instance, as @Patrick Haley actually said. Give it a go!

Suggest an answer