How do you create a message field with a background color like Atlassian's Feedback Policy field?

Patrick Haley August 14, 2021

When users are browsing our board I'd really like to include a block of text similar to Atlassian's own feedback policy. How do I go about doing this?

2021-08-14_9-17-42.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2021

Hi @Patrick Haley

it really depends where it should go. I was not able to put something like that on Create Screen (please inform me if you were able to), however it is working in New Issue View - on the right column and looks like this:

grafik.png

The used code in "default value" for "Message" field is indeed

{panel:bgColor=#deebff}
This info panel
{panel}

and the credits go to @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ who explained it to a different user here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/add-notice-word-on-issue-screen/qaq-p/1771681

However, in the linked thread they were talking about Jira Server (the above is confirmed for Jira Cloud) and from Alex' code I needed to take away the (i) - otherwise it tried to render a grahic/icon which seems just not to be there.

When creating the custom field (for view)...

grafik.png

... please just make sure you set the code mentioned above into default value via "Edit Default Value":

grafik.png

Please check and confirm if this is what you are looking for.

Cheers,
Daniel

Patrick Haley August 19, 2021

Cheers Daniel this is exactly what I was looking for! FYI I was able to add it to the create screen simply by following your instructions. 

Patrick Haley August 19, 2021

@Daniel Ebers interesting note, when I followed your instructions the message field looked perfect on the view/edit screen. However, on the create panel it was missing the info icon. When I added the '(i)' before the text as per @Alex Koxaras' post it rendered it as expected. Thanks again to both of you for this. 

0 votes
Ignacio Aredez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2021

I think you can't manipulate the color of the fields by default. There are plugins for this, but I'll wait and see if another user has another answer.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events