XML export is including extraneous data from custom fields with default values set Edited

I'm trying to export an issue as XML so that I can put in a Microsoft Access Database. 

When I get the XML for an issue, it includes custom fields that are not even present in my current project, let alone part of this issue's various screens.

Each of these extraneous custom fields are ones that I've set default values for in other projects.

Below is an excerpt of the XML generated by JIRA.

xml-error.PNG

The second custom field, named Instructions, and the final custom field, named Locker Position, are both from other projects. The two of them are not even from the same project. Both are custom fields that, in their respective projects, I've set to have default values. Not sure if that's related but it seems to be, considering that's the case for all of the extraneous custom fields that are being included.

Why is JIRA including those custom fields in this issue's XML export? 

Edit: When I choose to export as Word instead of XML, everything looks correct; Instructions, Locker Position, and the other unnecessary customfields are not included in the Word document.

Thanks in advance

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,581 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you