Workflow Transition Screens not working with approval configured

RedPS January 27, 2020

I've setup an approval workflow, I added transition screen as approver have to give comment on their decision.. but the transition screen is not showing. 

Transition screen seems to only work when approval is not configured. but i need it configured as it makes it easier for user to check pending approval and whatnot.

Other alternatives that I tried but didn't work(resource limitation/require add on installation) were as below:-

• Trying to set up a field that can only be edited by approver 
  • Searching on post functions and validator and transition properties but all in vain

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 27, 2020

Hi RedPs,

As per documentation says:

Having additional transitions on the status with the approval step allow your agents to progress the request. Transitions used by the approval step skip transition screens, so if your decline or approve transitions are going to a 'Done' status, add a post function that sets the resolution of the request so it's considered closed by Jira Service Desk.

See Configuring Jira Service Desk approvals page for further information.

Kind regards.

RedPS January 27, 2020

is it possible to create a function that will let approver know if a field in an issue is empty that they haven't filled in the field. so it's like myPending() but with field then after that field is filled then approver can change the status..

the workflow will be like this

user create issue - add approver -> approver approves/decline(transition to next status) -> approver edit field only editable by them(only then) = approver can transition to next status

0 votes
Rodrigo Nunes February 5, 2020

only using an add-on or application like JMWE

Suggest an answer