Why is the Mail Handler not creating tickets?

Pierce Radtke May 10, 2017

I have multiple different projects in JIRA and Jira Service Desk using the email handlers.  One of my newest projects (a Service Desk project that has to use the global email handler) has become particularly difficult.  
Incoming emails are automatically being deleted from the email box setup but are not always creating tickets.  At first we thought this was a permissions issue but we have since added the incoming email sender to the list of authorized users.  Still emails are not generating the appropriate tickets.  I have had to setup an automatic forwarding rule on all messages so we can ensure that none of our contract accounts gets over looked.

To make matters worse we are now experiencing a similar issue with our Service Desk project that is using the internal jira service desk email handler.  
When forwarding a request to the email box i can see the email but no ticket is generated.  I had to modify the subject line to get a ticket to create? 

This perplexes me because i have done everything i can think of to force jira to ingore potential bulk messages.

--- Why is there no system that allows us to track what happens with tickets generated by email and or deleted.  Some sort of Log would quickly let me resolve this issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Brent May 24, 2018

I'm having a similar issue with Jira Service Desk as of this morning. I changed some fields to be "required" and that stopped emails creating tickets because suddenly the required fields can't be completed automatically. 
You can see the reason tickets aren't being created in the Mail Audit Log. Go to Jira/Applications/Email Requests and then View Log. 

Brent May 24, 2018

Suggest an answer