Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed to break emails to Service Desk

Brent May 24, 2018

Hi guys,

We've recently migrated to Jira Service Desk and everything's been working fine for the last two weeks, but yesterday afternoon I set some fields as "required" on the service desk field configuration and it seems to have stopped people being able to email in to create requests. Jira is showing the email request log error "Configured request type has too many visible required fields".
I've quickly gone and reversed my actions in the field configurations, so the 4 fields I'd set as required yesterday are now optional again. But I'm still getting the same error and I'm not sure what else to check at the moment! Bit of an emergency too D:

Help?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2018

Hi @Brent,

maybe the fields are still marked as required in the "Request Types" section of project settings.

Brent May 24, 2018

Yes Bastian! That was it! I didn't check the Request Types because I didn't go to edit these yesterday when I made the initial change. I guess it updated the Request Types on it's own but then didn't revert it? I can't think why that would have been.

You've saved my day :D

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2018

Hi Brent,

good to hear that everything is working fine again. Yes, I think, it sets the fields as required to make sure that they are marked as required in the customer portal. It does not change it back, because you may want to have the field required in the customer portal but not in the field configuration.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events