Which Training and Certification should i take for a Complex Software Development Team? Help please.

GameDev March 3, 2021

Hi

I have paid for and taken the Jira Essentials Training Course for £300 which was and is very usefull but i would like to be certified. Its quite confusing with an array of courses or certification i dont need. My basic requirements are:-

Have been using Jira for 9 months 8 on Next Gen, last month moved to Classic.
Have a semi-large software development team. Each member has his own requirements.

Have a Product Backlog that is 70% complete using Sprints. Tasks always change in mid sprint as you find out more in increments for a new product.

I was thinking of the Managing Jira Cloud Certification next to do rather than Jira with Agile Mindset which is just a training course like Jira Essentials. It is important i get certified to stop the differences of opinion within the team on using Jira and have a "single source of truth" goto man.

Thank you for your help guys.

1 answer

1 vote
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 3, 2021

Hi @GameDev

This article is slightly out-of-date now but it separates the Atlassian courses into courses for users (including Jira Essentials) and courses for Administrators.

There is also the range of free skillbuilder courses which are more of an intermediate level and have an optional exam. Typically people sit these exams to extend the validity of their certifications.

Check out the Team Agile learning path for a list of recommended training options. 

Atlassian has also indicated here that more cloud-specific certifications will be coming soon.

If you are keen to get into study right away, I would recommend Managing Jira Cloud Projects which is currently discounted to $100 USD and you can earn a certification by passing the exam. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events