Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian training is not one-size-fits-all

Just as the Atlassian toolset is highly configurable to suit your way of working, Atlassian training is not one-size-fits-all either.

The basics for Jira Cloud and Jira Server

Are you new to Jira and want to learn the basics?

There are 30 Jira tutorials (276 minutes) and 7 Bitbucket tutorials (85 minutes) available for free here.

Are you introducing Jira to your team or organisation?

The Training for Jira app may be what you need. This app allows users to access tutorials from within Jira and admins can track progress.

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 2.35.06 PM.png

Ready for more? Individual and team options available

One of the barriers to training can be the logistics of where and when. Atlassian has options here as well whether on-demand courses available for 30 days appeal to you, or you prefer the interactiveness of public virtual classes. Do you want to attend classes as a team? Team virtual sessions are a great option if your team is not co-located or an Atlassian Authorised Instructor can come to you for team onsite training. Are you looking for in-person training but only for yourself or a handful of people? Contact your nearest Atlassian Training Partner and ask about public classes. 

Classes are usually held for groups of 6-15 people and include demonstrations, hands-on labs (and access to a lab environment for 24-hours), and instructor presentations.

Courses for users of Confluence and Jira

The following courses are great if you are new to Confluence and/or Jira or you are wanting a solid base of knowledge for further training. These courses are based on Jira Server.

• Confluence Server Essentials
  • Jira Server Essentials
  • Getting Started with Jira Software Server
  • Getting More from Jira Software Server (follows on from Getting Started with Jira Software Server)
  • Planning with Portfolio for Jira (follows on from Getting More from Jira Software Server)
  • Realising the Power of Jira Reporting & Dashboards

Courses for Administrators of Confluence and Jira

The following courses are intermediate to advanced level. 

• Jira/Confluence Integration (follows on from Jira Server Essentials and Confluence Server Essentials)
  • Confluence Server Administration (follows on from Confluence Server Essentials)
  • Jira Server Administration Part 1: Getting up and running (follows on from Jira Server Essentials and Getting Started with Jira Software Server)
  • Jira Server Administration Part 2: Taking it to the next level (follows on from Jira Server Administration Part 1: Getting up and running)
  • Jira Server Administration: Getting a Service Desk Up and Running
  • Getting More from Jira Workflows (follows on from Jira Server Administration Part 2: Taking it to the next level)

If you are looking into training for your team, check out Atlassian's discount catalog.

MediumValidAardwolf-max-1mb.gif

That's all very well, I hear you ask Dear Reader, but how do I choose what courses are right for me or what if I want to prove I am a Subject Matter Expert? Those questions will be answered in a future Training and Certification article.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events