What are the best practices for SLA reports?

Dante G August 17, 2022

I have been tasked with creating an SLA report for Jira.  Right now, our Jira installation is on premises, and I am writing a SQL query that for a Crystal Report that will connect directly to the DB.  However, we will be migrating to the Cloud very soon.  Will we have access to a DB once our Jira installation has been migrated to the Cloud?  If not, what are the best practices for SLA reports for Jira Cloud?

Once of the main obstacles with the SLA report involves calculating business days.  Right now, I am using another system which has calendar data.  Is it possible to calculate business days within Jira Cloud?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2022

Hello @Dante G ,

Thanks for reaching out to the community.

We have the following Blog post that gives a bunch of best practices for how to set up SLAs for accurate reporting:

and the following resources give some more details on reporting options:

And the following community threads give some recommendations for additional marketplace reporting tools:

Hope this helps

Regards,
Earl

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 24, 2022

If Excel format is something you would consider, I recommend this Jira Service Management SLA reporting blog for tips and practical steps on how to create a JSM SLA Excel report.

0 votes
Olha Onofriichuk_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 20, 2022

Hi, @Dante G 

According to your question, I can recommend you to try additional SLA plugins which can cover all your needs. One of such plugins is SLA Time and Report for Jira

As for the question about "SLA report involves calculating business days", this add-on allows defining what days & time should be counted. You can set it in the Calendar settings:

calendar new.png

As for the question about reports, this add-on has two types of reports:

1. Tables with the possibility to export the data into CSV or Excel:
    export report.png
  2. Visual reports:
    visual reports.png
    Also, if your company uses Dashboards, you can integrate there reports from this add-on.

And recently I've written an article about reports for Jira issues, maybe you'll find some useful info there: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/SLA-Reports-for-Jira-Issues/ba-p/2062998

Hope it helps. 

And if you need any help with settings or want to undestand better how this add-on works, let me know! SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on is created by my SaaSJet team, so we will be glad to help you with setting it up.

Regards,
Olha

Suggest an answer