Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breached SLA Report

Dianne Clifford April 29, 2021

Hi,

I'm looking to change the way we report on our time to resolution SLA and looking for some help. 

The standard report in Jira Service Management only includes tickets on the report when they are resolved, which means there are open tickets that have breached our SLA that aren't included in the report.  I'd like all tickets to be included in the report (open and resolved) in order for us to accurately report on the % of tickets we are achieving our SLA on.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks,
Dianne

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

@Dianne Clifford 

Any delivered report in service management can be edited.  The series on a report are just created using JQL.  If you click the edit button in the upper right hand corner of the report (You have to be a Project Admin to see this)  you will then be able to edit the series and change the JQL to meet your requirements.

Dianne Clifford May 12, 2021

Hi @Brant Schroeder 

Thanks for your reply.  I'm aware that the reports can be edited and customer JQL used however the problem with the reports is that the 'time to resolution' calculation works based off of the ticket being resolved.  'Resolved' is actually the only option available in the report (on the dropdown menu of the screen where you enter your custom JQL) so it doesn't give me what I need.  I've since queried this with Atlassian too and they have advised that they only support tracking this based on tickets being resolved at this time.

However, I've managed to get a solution by installing a plug in that allows custom JQL to be used on a dashboard, so I can query the tickets that have breached our SLA, regardless of status.

Thanks again for your reply!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 29, 2021

Hi @Dianne Clifford ,

How about using SLA search functions in the Jira issue navigator and then exporting results?

TimetoResolution = isBreached() or everBreached() should work.

For more information, you can refer to the doc below.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/write-jql-queries-for-slas/

Cheers,

Gökçe

Dianne Clifford May 12, 2021

Hi Gocke,

Thanks for your reply.  

I've found a solution my adding a custom field to tickets that will populate the date/time a ticket breaches the SLA.  And installed a plug in that allows custom JQL to be used on dashboards (as I found that even with the correct query, the report that comes standard with Jira Cloud for TTR still doesnt offer what I need)

Incase it's helpful to anyone else, this is a sample of the query I have used to get the results:
created >= 2021-05-04 AND created <= 2021-05-10 AND "Due date[Time stamp]" >= 2021-05-05 AND "Due date[Time stamp]" <= 2021-05-10

Many thanks
Dianne

Like Hanne Samseth likes this
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 12, 2021

Great! I'm glad that you have resolved the issue.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Gökçe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events