Velocity chart

Farid Hadj-Hamou
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 12, 2024

Hello

My last Sprint velocity shows

Committed = 18

Completed = 44

I made a mistake of entering the incorrect sprint # into the Story when it was created and realized that after the fact - [Sprint already started] I fixed that so now it shows a big gap of 26 pts that I have to explain the reason to the management - Is there a way to fix?

Thank you

Farid 

1 answer

2 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2024

Hi @Farid Hadj-Hamou and welcome to the Community!

You can't change that anymore. But, so what? We all make mistakes. The story has been added to the sprint and removed again because it accidentally slipped in. I suppose it did not impact the team's work in any way and you know why the gap is there, right? So, just explain what happened and focus your energy on what really matters: building great software!

Hope this helps!

Farid Hadj-Hamou
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 12, 2024

Hi Walter

Thank you very much for your quick response. Very much appreciated

Yes, to re-phrase the situation that happened - these tasks/stories were in the wrong Sprint and I didn't realize until after I started the Sprint - that's where I fixed it right away and there was no impact to team's work. and yes, I explained what happened to the management.

Thanks again!

Suggest an answer