User Picker in jira should include inactive users.How to do it.

Aravind Koushik Gobburu January 21, 2021

User Picker in Jira should include inactive users.how to do it in Jira software

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

Hi @Aravind Koushik Gobburu , are you saying that you think inactive users should remain in the user picker drop downs, e.g. Assignee, etc. Or are you saying you have a custom field where you would like to have this be the case. In any event, there is not way to do either OOTB. IMO this should not be allowed. Inactive, to me, means they can not be selected. Now one thing you could consider is a text field but of course that would not be a very good solution.

Aravind Koushik Gobburu January 21, 2021

Yes, Inactive users should remain in the user picker dropdown.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

You might provide feedback to Atlassian. However, given this is for Server I'm sure it would not be considered at this point. Actually, I don't expect it would be considered in Cloud either as I believe it will be seen as an undesirable behavior. But I could be wrong certainly. There maybe be some non-OOTB solution but I have not insight into what app that might be TBH.

Like Stuart Capel - London likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2021

hmmm... i now see this is a duplicate question.

Suggest an answer