• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to re-index in JIRA Cloud

According to https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/search-indexing-818578839.html I should be able to :

1. Choose the Jira icon (, or ) > Settings > System
  2. Select Advanced > Indexing to open the Indexing page.
  3. This page allows you to choose one of the following two re-indexing options:

• Background re-index — This will re-index all issues in the background.
    • Lock Jira and rebuild index — This will delete and rebuild all indices, including the comment and change history indices.

I don't see Indexing under Advanced in Settings > System, despite being a member of the jira-administrators group.

Has something changed and the documentation doesn't yet match?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Reindexing has been deprecated in Jira Cloud. Kindly have a look at this thread:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-t-re-index-Jira-Cloud/qaq-p/613607

You do not need to reindex Jira Cloud anymore

Like Carl Taylor likes this

Thanks Alexey. I remember Atlassian's documentation being less deprecated.

Thanks @Alexey Matveev but if I make a change to a custom field, and the change doesn't show up on a screen, how do I fix that if I can't re-index? Is there another mechanism? 

Like # people like this

Same Question? 

I've been waiting a half hour for my project key to update.

Like # people like this

I have this same problem.  We really need to answer this.

Like # people like this

this still is a problem for me as well - updated many fields and also noted that logged time is not reporting in apps like Tempo Timesheets - but when i open the logged work issue and then run my tempo report again, the data appears - whatever this automatic reindexing thing for cloud is that you claim works for cloud automagically now - is NOT working...

Like # people like this

Same problem here. Full text search in comments is not working properly for me , I suppose a re-index would fix this, but there's no way to trigger it.

Same problem. I have set made changes to "affected version" in almost all issues, but under "Project Settings" -> "Versions" it says there are no issues linked to a release.

Absolutely a problem! Stuck waiting, unable to provide an ETA do anyone depending on changes...

[cannot delete answer posted in wrong location...sorry]

We are facing same problem as well. It is causing lot of problems in work as the field's context we added is not searchable. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you