Unable to create issue after JSUTIL - JIRA Suite plugin upgrade

nkaravias January 15, 2013

Hello,

After upgrading Jira to 5.2.3 I had an issue with not being able to 'start progress' for issues due to not being able to copy the assignee value. This was resolved after upgrading the Jira Suite Utilities plugin to version 1.3.3. However I currently have the following issue. Every time I try to create a new issue, I get the following error just after submitting it:

Error creating issue: An unknown exception occured executing Validator com.googlecode.jsu.workflow.validator.FieldsRequiredValidator@7720069a: root cause: java.lang.NullPointerException

Edit: The plugin was updated to 1.3.4 but I am facing the same problem again. My workflow has a single validator at the 'Create' step. I removed it and everything worked. However when I add it again the problem persists. I'm talking about "required fields: Affects Version/s" validator. This issue has been reported by another user also and the bug report https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JSUTIL-156 exists. Please take a look since I can't migrate my Jira installation due to this.

Any ideas? This is a showstopper and prevents me from upgrading to 5.x.

Thanks

3 answers

1 vote
Stephan Bielmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

JSUTIL-156 will fix the problem, I try to find some time to release 1.3.5 of JSU this week.

nkaravias January 29, 2013

Thanks a lot Stephan. Lets refer to JSUTIL-156 for any change. I'm sure others are waiting for this release also.

nkaravias February 3, 2013

Any chance this might go out this week?

1 vote
Stephan Bielmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2013

Thanks for the brief update Stephan. However even after upgrading the JSU plugin to 1.3.4, i am still getting the same error. My workflow information should not have been altered, since I just made a upgrade to the plugin from 1.3.2 to 1.3.3 (and then this issue appeared).

nkaravias January 16, 2013

This is the issue currently being experienced: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JSUTIL-156

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2013

Seems your workflow is looking for a custom field which is probably deleted? Look at your workflow and see if there are any workflow validators that is looking for an invalid customfield.

There's only one validator for that bug creation workflow:
"Fields required for this transition: Affects Version/s".

Suggest an answer