Google Workflow Validator - Jira Suite

Bryan Dobson January 15, 2013

This afternoon I updated available plugins in a testing enviroment, which included the Jira Suite Utilities and found an error had occured when someone attempted to create an issue:

Error creating issue: An unknown exception occured executing Validator com.googlecode.jsu.workflow.validator.FieldsRequiredValidator@1f2ea0e1: root cause: java.lang.NullPointerException

This only occured when a ticket was created. There were 5 required fields to create. It will work with ALL of the ones on the list EXCEPT for Fix Versions.

The moment that Fix Versions is put back into the list the above error happens. I can have say Components, Summary, Description set to be required and it works.

As this is not a custom field I'm not sure what the issue would be and would appreciate any assistance?

--

Jira: 5.2.4.1

3 answers

2 votes
Stephan Bielmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2013

Sorry about that, I introduced this error in 1.3.3, fixed it for 1.3.4 which will be released later today. See https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JSUTIL-155

Thank goodness it's something that can be fixed, I was pouring over everything. I eagerly await the fix.

Can you explain why it only triggered for me with Fix Versions as the requirement but not other requirements?

nkaravias January 15, 2013

Bryan I just upgraded to 1.3.4 and I'm still facing this issue. Could you update this thread after you've upgraded the plugin also?

Thanks,

The new 1.3.4 version did correct the problem for me. When I go back in and re-enable the Fix Versions requirement it no longer gives me that error.

If you're still having a problem with the validators, perhaps go into your workflow, remove them. Publish, then go back in and re-add them again and see if that fixes it up for you.

nkaravias January 15, 2013

Hmm weird. It worked when I removed the validator (Required fields: Affects Version/s ) for the Create transition. But after I added it again it fails.

I can confirm if I add "Affects Versions" to my list of required feilds it gives me the error again.

The problem I was having was adding Fix Versions and the 1.3.4 update fixed that. So I think we may need another update to fix the "Affects Versions" and anything similiar to that.

nkaravias January 16, 2013

Thanks for verifying this. I am unable to upgrade outside my sandbox until this gets resolved. Stephan please let me know if there's anything I can do to provide the necessary feedback for this to get resolved. Thanks for the effort.

Bryan Dobson January 16, 2013

While it may be already in the works, I opened a bug report for this:

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JSUTIL-156

0 votes
Thanks for verifying this. I am unable to upgrade production until this gets resolved. Stephan please let me know if there's anything I can do to provide the necessary feedback for this to get resolved. Thanks
0 votes

Thanks for verifying this. I am unable to upgrade outside my sandbox until this gets resolved. Stephan please let me know if there's anything I can do to provide the necessary feedback for this to get resolved. Thanks for the effort.

Suggest an answer