Ticket Dashboard

dparibello_promaxo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 19, 2018

Hi, how do I create a dashboard for tracking tickets?  I want to track time to change states/close, number of comments (i.e. questions for clarification), number of times it has been reassigned, severity of tickets, etc.

3 answers

1 vote
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2018

Hey David,

Documentation on configuring a dashboard can be found here for a referance point:

Then its going to be looking into gadgets that fit what your looking for the list of gadgets are here:

Also check out our blog 5 steps to a killer Jira dashboard: the information you need, when you need it

For Status changes there is the Average Number of Times in Status gadget, or the Time Since Chart

Then For number of time an issue is re-assigned, check out this previous post for a method to accomplish this:

You could use a Jira Filter Results gadget and add in the count field.

And for counting the comments check out this previous post that offers up a method to count the comments, again add the comment count field to a Filter Results gadget:

Regards,
Earl

0 votes
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 9, 2019

Hello @dparibello_promaxo

I suggest you take a look at the original Time in Status by OBSS. Our app does exactly what you need:

• Our app creates reports on how much time each issue spent on each status, assignee or user group.
  • Number of time each status or transition was used.
  • View durations in days, hours, minutes, etc.
  • Include issue fields in your report.
  • Export data as CSV, XLS or XLSX.
  • Calculate time or count averages, grouped by multi level issue fields that you select.
  • Define your own business calendars.

We now have Server, Data Center and Cloud options.

0 votes
Mark Kern [SaaSJet] January 10, 2019

Hi, @dparibello_promaxo.

I can recommend the solution for status changes. You can track the work time between two statuses (to change states/close) with "Time in Status for Jira Cloud" by SaaSJet.

It allows you to create seven types of reports:

- Time in status - automatically determines for how long your issues had been staying in each status.

- Assignee Time - shows time that a particular assignee was assigned to each issue

- Average Time - calculates average time that issues spent in status 

- Status Entrance Date - saved date when each issue entered to each of the statuses at first.

- Status Count - calculate how many times an issue has been in each status

- Time in status per Date - sums the time a task was in each status at a particular date

- Transition count report - how many times an issue went from status to status

Moreover, there are features that allow you to export data and view all reports as charts.

You could explore other useful functions and download the add-on at the Atlassian Marketplace.

Hope this information is helpful.

Suggest an answer