Suggestions for Jira reporting tool

Johnny Wong May 17, 2023
We are pretty fresh in using Jira so would appreciate some suggestions. We would like to show our senior management a template of how it looks like for reporting on Jira. The following parameters would be included and we want to make it a standardised one for all the projects on the way forward.
As we have not been too knowledgeable about the platform yet, we appreciate if you can suggest a few functions/templates from Jira that we can use to provide the progress with these parameters for our reference.
Thank you for your advice.
image.png

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2023

Hi @Johnny Wong,

My recommended approach is to use Jira dashboards.

The dashboards are very useful because they can be customized and you can have everything centralized in one single page for each team or for the entire project.   There are many apps that offer dashboard gadgets for fulfilling your needs. 

See below some of our blog posts with examples of dashboards and gadgets:

I hope this helps. For questions about these gadgets, please contact support@stonikbyte.com. 

Thank you,

Danut Manda

Johnny Wong May 17, 2023

Thanks Danut. Could not imagine I can get this useful stuff so promptly. Much appreciated.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Teresa
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2023

Welcome to the Community!

I have written a blog about Jira Report and which one will best for your team, you can take a look at it here

Jira Report help you keep track of your project's progress

Or you can use "Jira Dashboards" feature to create a custom dashboard to display the required information and share it with your team

Johnny Wong May 17, 2023

Thanks Teresa. Your prompt response is much appreciated. I will explore the content in your blog.

Like Teresa likes this
0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 23, 2023

Hi @Johnny Wong

just on a meta level, there's actually a number of reporting apps available on the Atlassian Marketplace. If you look for apps, this may be a good starting point. When you browse for apps, I'd recommend to consider an app's ratings and reviews, and certifications like Cloud Fortified. You may already know that you can trial any app for free for 1 month, and depending on the size of your size, it may be free forever - so perhaps try a few and see which works best for you.

To offer a specific recommendation, you may like the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting. With these, you can build powerful reports like the following in just a couple of clicks:

reporting.gif

As you can see, this view is fully interactive, meaning that you can work on your issues directly in JXL (but also trigger various operations in Jira, or export your data to CSV or Excel in just a click).

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders