Short URL to customer's portal for customers, who also have access inside JIRA (a different project)

Katya Godneva February 9, 2018

Hello,

Here is my thing, I have several projects running on the same JIRA SD instance: all of them were support services for external customers, with our teams working on them as agents.

Now we've started our internal project , and our employees now act as jira SD customers (have access only to the customers portal).

But to access the customers portal via URL, our employees need to use a long URL:

that looks like

https://my-company.jira.ru/servicedesk/customer/portal/32 and leads diracltly to that portal. 

Because when they enter short URL my-company.jira.ru they access all of the projects where they act as agents  (but not our internal support project , where they have access only as customers, to the custormer portal, not inside the project).

I want tо create for them a short and nice URL to access the portal, not this

Is there a way to do it? Can anybody recommend smth?

Looking forward to answers, thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 vote
Glauco
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2018

Hi there,

I'm afraid that it's not possible for Cloud application,  there's a feature request for it:
Create ability to customize the Customer Portal URL in JIRA ServiceDesk

As a workaround, you can use a Reverse Proxy or URL redirect service external from JIRA.

Another option that might be helpful is to use the Service Desk widget:

Get requests from an embeddable widget

The service desk widget is like a mini-portal that you can embed on web pages. Customers can send you requests from anywhere; no login required. Each project has one widget that you can embed on as many pages as you like. 

Kind regards,
Glauco Guimarães

Katya Godneva February 12, 2018

Get requests from an embeddable widget

- thanks, that's interesting.

But it requires login free portal, which is not our case .

You say, it's not possible for Cloud, is there a solution for JIRA SERVER?

Suggest an answer