Setting workflow Statuses visible to customer

Amel LAOUINI September 29, 2021

Hello,

Am setting up a JSM Project for a receiving service requests for one of our RPA projects from customers.

I am trying to find a way to send notifications when a ticket changes status. 

In the Project Options i see that notifications are enabled for statuses visible to customer; 

But i can't get a hold on where to set my workflow statuses as visible to customer 

PI: am working on jira cloud v1001.0.0

PS: we haven't set a portal, the client only receives notification set to their ServiceNow application.

Thank you for your help!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

Hi @Amel LAOUINI 

If you go to project settings > request types > (choose a request type) > Workflow Statuses, you will see all the statuses and the corresponding names which are visible to the customers:

statuses shown to customers.png

By default, all statuses are visible to the customer. However, if you follow this documentation, you will see that you can hide the statuses:

A transition between two workflow statuses can be hidden to the customer by giving them the same status name.

I only have this view in request types:

Jira JSM.PNG

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

You have to click on a request type first, and the click on 'Workflow statuses"

Like # people like this

OK :D Thank you!

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2021

If you found what you were looking for, then kindly mark the answer as accepted, in order to help other in the community! Cheers!

Suggest an answer