It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sent Message for due date when create ticket Edited

Hi 

I want to send a msg(comment/ email) to remind user ticket's due date when I create ticket.

Message like "Your request due date xxxxx, We're on it"

Is there has any way to achieve?

2 answers

Hi Eric,

I think JIRA does not provide any feature to send emails with customised messages natively. 

Do you use any scripting add-on in your jira which have Post Functions like "Send Emails" or "Execute Groovy Scripts"?

Regards,

Rakesh

We're main purpose that send reminding msg for user include due date information no matter comment or email.

I survey "scriptrunner" now.

Hi Eric,

Since you are using JSD, you can also utilize Automation module in project settings. There is a "Send Email" action available in this module. You can send the customized email message to the Reporter whenever a new ticket is being created.

Regards,

Rakesh

thanks for reply.

Do you know how to set a "due date" value to comment with scriptrunner?

HI @Eric.LA_Chen 

To get an email/reminder you can use the Filter subscription Jira built-in functionality. In order to get this work, you need to write a filter with Due date and subscribe to it.

But the thing is it will send an email to the recipient as personal or group.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/receiving-search-results-via-email-720416706.html?_ga=2.223159195.1864779734.1572849610-1676637684.1572849610

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

864 views 6 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you