Send approval to a group during status transition.

Laurent Souza Ferreira June 23, 2022

Hello my community friends!

I'm developing a shopping portal, where when creating the requisition, an email is sent for the area manager to approve. Once approved, it is sent to the buyer who will proceed with the requirements and budgets survey processes. When it ends, it should be forwarded to the financial officer. Doubt arises there. How should I make it so that during the budget transition for approval it is sent to the finance officer.

Sorry for the simplistic question, but I'm still in the Jira training phase.

Thank you very much in advance!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 24, 2022

Hi, @Laurent Souza Ferreira !

To build multiple approvers try out the Business Process Manager add-on. 

1.  Create a Template with a Form builder

image.png

2.  Then add Approver to the workflow

image.png

3. Approval forwards in sequential order. In your case, it can be the manager, the buyer and then the financial officer

image.png

Laurent Souza Ferreira June 24, 2022

Many thanks for the reply! I will apply the concepts shown.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2022

Hi Laurent, 

The doc to build approval workflows with JSM Cloud is here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-an-approval-to-a-workflow/

For a group approval in JSM Cloud, here is the doc: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-a-new-custom-field-to-a-project/ You need to create a group picker field, and then use it in your approval workflow step. 

If you want me to help a bit more I would need a bit more information, like a workflow screenshots, transitions details with conditions, validator and post functions... 

Cause out of the box like that it's quite hard to give you more help. 

I hope this helps a bit at least. 

Cheers,
Dam. 

Laurent Souza Ferreira June 24, 2022

I'll look at the links! Thank you so much for the support and prompt response!!!

Like Dam likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events