Search for objects and object types

Tóth Róbert May 22, 2023

If i select the Search all schemas search bar at the top-right and enter a label, key, or ID, there is no results, i got this message: We did not find any results matching your search. It doesn't work since the new design. 

2 answers

0 votes
Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

Hi @Tóth Róbert,

I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, but the basic and advanced search for the schema are now under "Filter"

Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 3.47.28 PM.png 

For the Search all schemas, you can use  a specific label, key or ID.

Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 3.57.02 PM.png

You can read more about it here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/search-for-objects-and-object-types/

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Melo

Tóth Róbert May 24, 2023

Hi @Melo !

Thanks, filter is working, we onnly can use this.

But it's very slow, because first you have to select object schema, then object type, then object, then click on filter icon, then select the specific key, write the data then click fresh filter... so much clicking anyway.

Before the new design we used the Search all schemas field, its's simple, easy and fast to find anything. But since the new design or skin (i don't know how you call that) this field not working, if we search for a specific key. Here is a picture, you can see:

searchbug.png

I searched for an SN number, which is exists as you see, but no result! 

Earlier there was no problem with this.

It's a global problem, or we have to change something?

Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi @Tóth Róbert, I have limited exposure to Assets on Cloud, but the search functionality does not feel as good after the update.

Here is the original post regarding the new UI rollout https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/We-are-updating-the-user-interface-for-Assets-in-Jira-Service/ba-p/2312529

"It's a global problem, or we have to change something?" 

It is a global problem. The "Search all schemas" will only find specific labels, keys or IDs, not schema/object specific attributes.

Opening a support request with Atlassian might be a good idea.

Thanks,

Melo

Like Tóth Róbert likes this
Tóth Róbert May 24, 2023

Thanks @Melo !

I found a ticket where this problem will solved soon: 

Caroline Bartle added a comment - 1 week ago

Thank you to everyone who has voted and is watching this ticket.

We will be resolving this bug, and are aiming to do this within the next few weeks.

Cheers: Robert

Like Melo likes this
0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2023

Hello @Tóth Róbert 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Are you working with Jira Cloud or Jira Server/Data Center? You are working with Jira Cloud if your URL is similar to:

https://<something>.atlassian.net

Are you referring to this field?

Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 11.48.00 AM.png

If not, can you provide a screen image that shows the Search field you are using?

Tóth Róbert May 22, 2023

Hello @Trudy Claspill 

My url starts with this:

https://daniellakft.atlassian.net/jira/servicedesk/assets/........

And not that field, under, next to the button, where you can create an object:

image.png

Tóth Róbert May 22, 2023

where is the numbers in the search field

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

I have not worked with assets in Jira Service Management. I don't have an answer to your question.

Tóth Róbert May 23, 2023

Understand, anyway thanks! Who can help us? In our tenant nobody can use this search field, and usually we searching for Serial Numbers but no results! 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

Other users in this community may have more experience than I do and can respond to your post. I also sent a message to other community leaders asking if any of them have relevant experience if they can then review your question.

You can also ask your Jira Administrator to open a support case directly with Atlassian Support.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Tóth Róbert May 24, 2023

Okay, thanks @Trudy Claspill 

Suggest an answer