Screens and Operations

Peter T. November 23, 2012

My question is about Operations. In the screen schemes we map the edit, create and view operations to screens. There is default mapping for all unmapped operations. So my question is what are these unmapped operations? Is there an option to create custom operations?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2012

The unmapped operations are the defaults. If you don't set something for view or edit or create, then it uses the default.

I'm not sure what custom operations you could add - you're either looking at an issue (view), editing it (edit) or adding one (Create). Other actions are handled in the workflow.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2012

Not without some coding in the core. You can add "operations" with these, but if you look through the list, you'll see most of them provide their own dedicated screens if they're needed - operations are things like assign/assign-to-me, link issue, move, clone, attach and so-on. In fact, "edit" is the odd one out as it's the only one that has a configurable-by-scheme screen!

Peter T. November 23, 2012

Suggest an answer