How to add custom issue operations from inside a plugin without modifying system-issueoperations-plugin.xml file on Jira?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2012

I do have a plugin that is used for exporting Jira issue from one instance to another but currently it requires modification of jira file `system-issueoperations-plugin.xml`

It requires to add something like

<web-section key="operations-scale" name="Ops Bar Operations Scales Section" location="opsbar-operations" weight="90" />

<web-item key="export-issue" i18n-name-key="Export Issue to Scale" name="Export this issue to Scale" section="operations-operations" weight="20">
                 <label key="Export To Scale"/>
                 <link linkId="export-issue">
                     http://jira.example.com/secure/ImportTrackerIssue!default.jspa?trackerKey=$issue.key
                 </link>
                 <condition class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.HasIssuePermissionCondition">
                     <param name="permission">link</param>
                 </condition>
                 <condition class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.ExportIssueCondition"/>
             </web-item>

How can I reimplement a similat behaviour from inside the plugin code?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2012

You can add web-item plugin module in your plugin itself.

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Web+Item+Plugin+Module

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2012

But you can't overwrite an existing operation that way, I believe.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events