SD customer portal access only without using full licence - internal users

paul sexstone November 6, 2019

currently I have a lot of users using service desk as resolvers , managers etc in service desk but with the rest of the organisation to use the portal to log requests.

how can I allow access to users on the portal as currently they are prompted for an Atlassian sign on , and that sign on has access to confluence and not a service desk licence (I don't want to give licences to everyone just to lodge incidents!!!)

any help appreciated

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2019

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I’m not sure if I understood correctly your question, so I would like to clarify if the users that you need to access the portal and Confluence are internal users with a license to other products, for example, Jira Software users.

Any internal user can be a customer and create tickets in the portal without a license, an admin just needs to add them on the project as customers.

Also, you can allow them to see Confluence pages (from the space linked to the service desk project) without a license.

Just to summarize, any user can be a service desk customer and they don’t need a license to access the portal.

If they have a Confluence license, as they have an Atlassian account, they will be redirected to Confluence. For them to access Service Desk they will need to go to https://xxxxxxxxx.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals.

Hope this helps and if you have any other question regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer