Rule component execution order

Jacob Tomaw March 8, 2021

I am attempting to create a rule that will once a month:

• Create a new version
  • Then Assign all the Closed or Canceled issues without a fixVersion to that new version
  • Then release the version

The rule defined below appears like it would work. However the version is released before the fixVersion is updated.

How do I make the "For JQL" block run before the "Release" action? 

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

Hey Jacob - that's because the Release version is at the same level as the branch, so it won't wait for the Branch to finish it's part. 

You will either need to move the Release version action under the Edit issue or create it as a separate rule that runs after this one does (timeframe wise). 

If I move the "Release version" under the "edit" then it tries to be done for each issue.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

True. You are probably going to have to create a separate rule and run it after the other one since there is no way to "delay" the execution of a component. 

Like Jacob Tomaw likes this

Thank you for confirming my suspicions. 

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS