Reports of % completed in epics

Carin Talero August 22, 2022

I am having trouble on configuring a report to show the % completed for an epic based on how many Stories/Bugs issues linked to that epic are completed = done

Any help?

Thnx

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

That type of report is not available natively in Jira Cloud except when you are looking at the details of an individual Epic.

Some option to consider would be:

1. Using the Roadmap feature to show progress on an epic

2. Find a third party app that provides that functionality,

3. Manage tracking that information yourself by using a custom "Percent Complete" field in the Epic issues and using automation or scripting to calculate that value and update the field as child issues are added/removed and marked as done or reopened.

I believe there are posts on that topic in this forum already.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Report-Dashboard-for-Percent-Complete-by-Epic/qaq-p/2023553

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-show-on-dashboard-the-completion-progress-of-an-epic/qaq-p/1882884

1 vote
Karolina Wons_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2022

Hi @Carin Talero 

Here's a helpful use case on how you can solve this issue with the Time in Status for Jira Cloud add-on, developed by my SaaSJet team

Hope it helps

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 25, 2022

Hi @Carin Talero

here's another Marketplace app that you might like: JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing and inline-editing all your issue fields. It also comes with advanced features such as support for issue hierarchies and sum-ups. If you look at the status sum-up below, I believe this is pretty much what your looking for:

epic-status-progress.gif

What you can see above is the default, but you can use different kinds of sum-ups, e.g. to include the stories' story points or time estimates into your progress calculation. Any questions, just let me know!

Disclaimer: I work on JXL.

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

Carin Talero August 25, 2022

Thanks, I'll check it out!

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 22, 2022

Hi @Carin Talero 

If you are fine with a mktplace app, you can have a look at our add-on to get this data.

Issue Hierarchy Reports 

and generate insights such as:

- View/Manage roll up for standard Jira hierarchy. Epic -> User Story -> Subtask with %Completion progress based on Time Estimates/Story Points/Status

- View the full Jira Issue Type hierarchy of Linked issues,
Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps, Epics, and Subtasks up to 10 levels.

- % complete based on time spent and story points at each hierarchy level

- Sum up Time Spent, Org Estimate, Time Rmng, custom number
fields

Epic Hierarchy.PNG

Epic Hierarchy-%complete.PNG

Carin Talero August 25, 2022

Thank you, but we really don't use the time estimated and time tracking, so this would not be possible.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events