I am having trouble on configuring a report to show the % completed for an epic based on how many Stories/Bugs issues linked to that epic are completed = done
That type of report is not available natively in Jira Cloud except when you are looking at the details of an individual Epic.
Some option to consider would be:
1. Using the Roadmap feature to show progress on an epic
2. Find a third party app that provides that functionality,
3. Manage tracking that information yourself by using a custom "Percent Complete" field in the Epic issues and using automation or scripting to calculate that value and update the field as child issues are added/removed and marked as done or reopened.
I believe there are posts on that topic in this forum already.
here's another Marketplace app that you might like: JXL for Jira.
JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing and inline-editing all your issue fields. It also comes with advanced features such as support for issue hierarchies and sum-ups. If you look at the status sum-up below, I believe this is pretty much what your looking for:
What you can see above is the default, but you can use different kinds of sum-ups, e.g. to include the stories' story points or time estimates into your progress calculation. Any questions, just let me know!
Disclaimer: I work on JXL.
Hope this helps,
If you are fine with a mktplace app, you can have a look at our add-on to get this data.
and generate insights such as:
- View/Manage roll up for standard Jira hierarchy. Epic -> User Story -> Subtask with %Completion progress based on Time Estimates/Story Points/Status
- View the full Jira Issue Type hierarchy of Linked issues,
Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps, Epics, and Subtasks up to 10 levels.
- % complete based on time spent and story points at each hierarchy level
- Sum up Time Spent, Org Estimate, Time Rmng, custom number