Report/Dashboard for Percent Complete by Epic

Janet Ziems May 9, 2022

My team is using a Kanban board to track WIP. Our tasks are organized into Epics, and I'd like to have a report or a dashboard that shows the percentage of completed tasks for each Epic.  It seems like this should be easy to do, but I haven't found a way to do it.  I appreciate any recommendations you can make!

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2022

Hello @Janet Ziems 

Welcome to the community.

There is no native way in Jira to show the percent done for an epic in a dashboard. It can be done with apps, or there were the suggestions I put in my response in another thread. See 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-show-on-dashboard-the-completion-progress-of-an-epic/qaq-p/1882884

You can find other posts on the topic by searching the internet for "jira cloud report percent done for epic"

2 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 26, 2022

Hi, @Janet Ziems ! Another solution, you can check if you're comfortable with Marketplace plugins, is Business Process Manager. My team has created it to get a structured to-do list and a one-page report to check your team's performance.

Here is an example:

image.png

Let me know if it helps.

1 vote
Raimundas Juska
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2022

Hi there,

As others have stated there is no way to do this in Jira without additional apps. However, I would like to add another app to the list that could help you to achieve exactly that you need, that is made by my company - Status & Progress Report Gadget for Jira 

4aaac639-50fc-450c-827a-8a430397f5ce.png

0 votes
VIjay Parpyani January 26, 2023

Alternatively, one can write a python script to extract the data and manipulate it to generate the report of your choice. I can generate a report that pretty much does the same thing.

Whitney Begg September 3, 2023

Would you be willing to share Python? Im trying to solve this without addl apps. Thank you!!

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 9, 2022

Hi @Janet Ziems 

Welcome to the community !!

If you would be interested in a mktplace app for a ready made solution, you can try out

Issue Hierarchy Reports 

And generate insights such as:

- % complete based on time spent and story points at each hierarchy level

- Sum up Time Spent, Org Estimate, Time Rmng, custom number
fields

- View the full Jira Issue Type hierarchy of Linked issues,
Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps, Epics, and Subtasks up to 10 levels.

- Export your reports to a CSV file

Epic Hierarchy.PNG

Suggest an answer