Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to show on dashboard the completion progress (%) of an epic?

Hello,

I need to create a dashboard that show the percentage of progress of an epic. (= the percentage of progress of child issues for each epic). 

Do you know how I can do? 

Many thanks for your help,

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Any update here? Seems like a popular ask by customers including me! I've tried to use the Epic Sum Up widget and it is nto working right for me, none of the status bar shows up to roll up progress of tickets in an Epic.

Alternatively, you can write a simple python script to get this done. I am successfully running this for my current project, it gives me a collective consolidated view on all EPICs with their percentage completion in one click

Yes, would like this without having to buy/implement an app. If we could subquery in JQL, that would solve many similar problems.

Trudy Claspill Community Leader Oct 28, 2022

@Daniel G_ Sinclair 

There is no native way in Jira to show the percent done for an epic in a dashboard. It can be done with apps, or there were the suggestions I put in my previous response.

You can find other posts on the topic by searching the internet for "jira cloud report percent done for epic"

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support Marketplace Partner Dec 09, 2021

Hi @Justine Comtat 

For a ready made solution, to visualize your Epic hierarchies and track sum up at each level, you can try out our add-on Agile Tools.

Agile Tools - Epic Tree, Links Tree and Time in Status 

Key features of the app are :

1) Links/Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps Hierarchy :- View/Manage roll up for hierarchy (up to 10 levels), based on your Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps/Issue Links parent child relationship.

2) Epic Hierarchy :- View/Manage roll up for standard Jira hierarchy. Epic -> User Story -> Subtask

3) Time in Status :- More than 7 types of Time in Status reports to track your issues.

4) Worklogs Report :- Track time spent by resources with multiple filters / category / grouping features

5) Timesheet :- View/Enter your time spent for multiple days

Epic Hierarchy.PNG

0 votes
Trudy Claspill Community Leader Dec 09, 2021

It is not quite the same as what you see in the Epic details view, but on a Dashboard you could use either the Pie Chart or the Issue Statistics gadget with a filter that gets all the issues with 

"Epic Link" = <Epic Issue ID>

(that filter works for a Company Managed project)

and set the statistic on the gadget to be Status. That will sum up the issues in the Epic by status and show count and percentage.

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 8.27.08 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-09 at 8.26.18 AM.png

To be more precise, I'd like to have: 
Epic #1 Envision: 63% progress
Capture d’écran 2021-12-09 à 11.20.24.png

I'd like the same!  The % Done info is in Jira (as you've shown), how do we show it on a dashboard without having to pay for an add-on?  I'd expect % Done to be a column we could add to filter results at the very least.  I'd appreciate any advice on how to do in Jira.  Thank you.

Like # people like this
Trudy Claspill Community Leader Jan 25, 2022

@Sheila Barter 

Welcome to the community.

There is no native way in Jira to show the percent done for an epic in a dashboard. It can be done with apps, or there were the suggestions I put in my previous response.

You can find other posts on the topic by searching the internet for "jira cloud report percent done for epic"

Thank you for your response Trudy.

@Sheila Barter 

Best advice is to use a real project management tool :-)   Jira is a bug/issue tracker that has a ton of plugins make it sort of work like a project management tool.    But let's face facts the basics of showing status of two projects is beyond its capabilities. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events