Queue sorting in JSD, only partially implemented?

Markus Dummermuth October 31, 2016

Hi there,

in the main JSD queue the sorting order is fixed.

If I go to "Issues -> Search for Issues" then it is much more flexible to sort something.

Why are all this nice sorting features not available in the main JSD queue?

From the code side everything should be implemented. It should be only a question of making it available for the main queue.

Or do I miss something, and this feature is already in or usable in an other way?

regards Markus

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2016

Markus,

when you say "main" JSD queue, what precisely do you mean. OOTB there are default queues, e.g. "All open" and then you can create your own. In both cases you can edit them and you can click on Advanced that brings you to a JQL field. If you have a JQL filter saved off try pasting in the Advanced screen and see if that meets your needs. 

That said the one thing I hope to see added is the ability to sort on the headings w/in the queues. 

I expect that the difference lies in that the queues are based on SW that is specific to JSD whereas the Issues is based upon JIRA SW/Core.

Markus Dummermuth October 31, 2016

Hi Jack,

thanks for your support to my several questions.

I think we mean the same queue.
As I understood this "Edit queue" is a admin setting to configure the behavior. My team does not see this button. And even if they would, why invent the wheel new and do not use the same as under "Issues -> Search for Issues", which is in my opinion the better search solution.

And as you said, headings are really missed.

regards
Markus

P.S: still did not understood how to search for 523 in 9485052303911 <customfield> *523* does not work

Suggest an answer