Process to upgrade 32-bit Windows to 64-bit

Versions prior to 5.x for Windows were only 32-bit. Now that 5.x up has 64-bit I would like to utilize that.

I have a separate environment where I can perform the upgrade and export the data upon completion. I would then have a clean install in my production environment. Can someone provide me information on how I can go about upgrading, as that is not covered in the Upgrade Guide|https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+Installation+and+Upgrade+Guide?from=sac_createissue .

2 answers

0 votes

Actually, that guide is fine - it covers changing server, and that's what you need to do. Your data is agnostic of 32/64 bit and will simply think it's being moved to a new server.

Hi Greg, as I see this won't be a great version update. What you can do is install Jira in the separate enviroment, do an export of your jira old instance an then import that to the new instance. I believe the attachments and screenshots must be moved inside the directory.

Here it is a little information about the attachments:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/40472/which-is-the-best-way-to-migrate-from-a-jira-4-4-instance-to-another-jira5-instance

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,324 views 12 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you