Oracle database configuration credentials

Kamal Mirzəyev November 25, 2023

Hi everyone,

I am using Jira Service Management 5.10.0 and Jira Core 9.10.0, as well database is Oracle DB 19.3 Enterprise edition. But performance is so slow than Postgress SQL. I think i have missed some right configurations in Jira core for Oracle DB. Please share who had same issue before and already fixed it.

Thanks a lot in advance

3 answers

0 votes
Matthew November 27, 2023

Hi Kamal,

If you can connect to your Oracle database, then the issue would be latency of some type.  What exactly is slow?  Are the Jira front-end pages slow to load?  Do they eventually load?  

Anytime you make a change to any of the Atlassian products (patch, upgrade, database migration), the app will take a long time to load, but that behavior should only occur after the first startup.  Have you tried editing the Jira service and adding more memory to the JVM?  This will help Jira run faster, but will not affect the initial startup time after a reconfiguration.

Are your databases in a protected zone and stored on a different server?  Are they on the same subnet?  Do you have an Oracle DBA that can see the connection from Jira?

Best,

Matthew

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This is something you should probably be asking of an Oracle expert.  If you've used the accepted default settings that the installer creates when you set up the database connection, then you will find that Jira is performant, and the problem is either your network connection to the database, or the database itself.

You can tune the connection settings of course, by editing the <jira home>dbconfig.xml.  If you have tuned it this way, then your slowness may be caused by one of the settings you have changed in there, you should test that by restoring the settings back to the defaults that Jira created when first installed.  

If you have not changed your dbconfig.xml file, then the problem is definitely your network or database service.

0 votes

@Wim Deblauwe please help

Suggest an answer