No Add Approval checkbox in workflow

Tomasz Bryła September 11, 2018

Hi,

I created the Service Desk project, then added my workflow to it. I wanted to add an approval option, unfortunately clicking on the status I do not have chceck box Add Approval. I have the approvals field added to the creation and editing screen. The Service Desk version is 3.7

2 answers

0 votes
Adrián Plaza [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2018

Hi @Tomasz Bryła,

If you check this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver037/setting-up-approvals-935575805.html

"To set up an approval step on a workflow for your project, you need to have the Jira administrator global permission"

Do you have the right permissions?

Cheers,

Adrián.

@Adrián Plaza [DEISER] Yes, I'm Jira Administrator 

Adrián Plaza [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2018

This is great @Tomasz Bryła, can you share what you view when are you trying to add and approval?

Adrián Plaza [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2018

Hi @Tomasz Bryła,

Is the workflow at least associated with a one Jira Service Desk project type?

Yes, it is. 

Adrián Plaza [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2018

Hi @Tomasz Bryła,

This is really weird can you review this manual and check all the points: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/configuring-jira-service-desk-approvals-832185058.html

I hope this help.

I create brand new Service Desk Project, so every of this things are setup like it should to be. I don't know where is a problem. In last instation of Jira where I was Administrator it wos work properly. Maybe some of system addon is disable? 

Adrián Plaza [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2018

Hi @Tomasz Bryła,

This is so weird, can you review if all the add-ons are enabled?

image.png

Plugin is Enabled.

Adrián Plaza [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2018

And the all the modules inside this plugin?

I can't see any modules for this plugin, I found this information in System Info. I chceck on database and pluginenabled is true. 

Adrián Plaza [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2018

Hi @Tomasz Bryła,

Change localhost URL for your Jira URL and try: http://localhost:8080/jira/plugins/servlet/upm/manage/all

Doesn't work :/ image.png

Adrián Plaza [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2018

Can you share one URL that works and the URL that doesn't work?

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2018

Hi @Tomasz Bryła,

Is it a draft workflow? If published, is the workflow matched with an issuetype used in a service desk project?

Yes, all this things are configured.

MTurner April 29, 2024

Was there any solution to this? I also cannot see the add approval button

Suggest an answer