New Jira view - How to simply Copy/Paste a list of people I regularly tag in the new Jira view?

Estelle Bailly May 14, 2021

Hello,

I send translation requests via Jira. The Jira is usually created by another team member who will attach a file or a link to be translated. They will assign me this Jira.

Once I check the file/link and Jira, I need to assign the task to a list of various service providers. This list is different per project/request. So I have all these lists in a notepad file, and I used to copy the relevant list from Notepad and paste it into the Jira description field.

The people tagged would appear like [Estelle Bailly|~accountid:557058:13c045a0-7412-4aeb-a28c-5e77a5c33eec] and it would actually tag them (they would receive a notification email).

Using the new Jira view, I can't use those lists anymore in the new Jira as names would appear as above([Estelle Bailly|~accountid:557058:13c045a0-7412-4aeb-a28c-5e77a5c33eec]) but no one will receive a notification email.

Typing each name for each of my Jira requests is time-consuming and there is always a risk to tag the wrong person if I do it manually for each Jira, so I would like to know whether there is a solution to create lists of people in a separate file (notepad, word, whatever), so that I can copy/paste them in the relevant Jira and assign them the right tasks.

Thanks for reading me and thanks in advance for your help!

Estelle

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2021

Hi @Estelle Bailly  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

According to this suggestion to re-add that feature, the only work-around is to use the old issue view: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75135

But, that old view is gone.  You may temporarily switch back to the old view using these instructions:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/temporarily-click-through-to-the-old-issue-view/

Best regards,

Bill

Estelle Bailly May 17, 2021

Thanks Bill! I voted for this suggestion in the Jira. Thanks for the workaround as well: I had already that in mind but as the old view is going to disappear quite soon, I am looking for a long-term solution. Thanks!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2021

Hi, @Estelle Bailly 

As the issues/improvements are worked out in the new view, there is a more complicated work-around you could try: automation for Jira.

Let's say you had three defined sets of people you wanted mentioned in the description field.  You could use an automation rule for each add the people as the automation can mention them effectively (using the smart values you were previously pasting).  When needed, just run the desired manually triggered rule from the issue.

If that approach interests you, here are some references to get you started:

And, if you need help please post the rule you have tried and the community will offer ideas.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events