Multi level cascading list scriptrunner

joris raffin December 6, 2021

Hello , 

I would like to create a field with 4 level of cascading list with scriptrunner but i don't find any informations about this.

It would be like : 

option 1 

-> sub option 1

->2 sub option 1

->  3sub option 1

->2 sub option 2

-> sub option 2

option 2

etc

I've just installed Scriptrunner and I don't really know how to do this.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Hi Joris,

I can confirm that as Radek has said that it is not possible to create a multi level cascading select list field with ScriptRunner due to the fact that Atlassian do not provide any custom field types out of the box to do this and ScriptRunner can only use the custom field types which Atlassian provides. 

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2021

This plugin gets mentioned a lot: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/5008/multi-level-cascading-select?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

I'm not well versed in Cloud and ScriptRunner options there - but generally with any Cloud, it gets more and more restricted in terms of what people can do. So coming from Server perspective, I know for a fact you cannot "simply" create a new custom field like this. It requires a whole new "plugin module" to provide a new field type like this, with new functionality, it needs a way to store the data, a way to process user input, know how to deal with multiple levels, know how to retrieve the data, how to implement the searchers, etc.

Where have you learned that you can do this with ScriptRunner? I mean it can do a LOT but I don't think it can do this much, so just wondering if there is an article about this somewhere.

Suggest an answer