Modify text in notification sent to the agent when assigning a Service Desk issue

Victor_De_Los_Santos_Bernad May 20, 2019

Currently, when I assign an issue to a service desk agent, the agent receives an email notification indicating that he/she has been assigned to that issue.

I would like to include in that notification the Issue summary and the Issue description. Is it possible?

4 answers

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2019

@Victor_De_Los_Santos_Bernad 

This is how you do it, you install Jira Automation plugin it's not free but...

You go to your project setting's find Project automation part, make sure you use automation for the project only not global automation.

You create a rule trigger when an issue is assigned the action send an email and you customize the email.

You turn off assigne notification on notification scheme, that's it. 

Nothing complicated.

Assigne email send.PNG

0 votes
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2019

Hi @Victor_De_Los_Santos_Bernad 

It is hard to achieve this with JSD automation.

I used Automation for JIRA add-on to achieve scenarios like your.

Regards,

Sebastian

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2019

Hi @Victor_De_Los_Santos_Bernad 

We using Jira Misc Workflow Extensions for custom user notifications. 

Also JMWE has a great potential and allows you to automate many things.

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2019

Hello @Victor_De_Los_Santos_Bernad 

Not sure if this helps but check this.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-email-notifications-776636790.html

Also what I would do is edit notification scheme

I would disable notification when the issue is assigned

Then create a custom automation rule to trigger custom email notification when the issue is assigned.

BR, Olga

Victor_De_Los_Santos_Bernad May 20, 2019

There is no way in Automation to a) send an email to the assignee b) when the issue has been assigned... the idea was good but this cannot be done.

There is only sending an email to a Participant when adding a participant, but this is not what I need

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2019

Hello, 

Basic Service Desk automation does not have that step, but you can create a workflow transition just for that purposes and then create automation for when status changed and JQL matches this specific status send Emil notification to this specific person

OR

quick and easy use Jira automation plugin and you can achieve what I wrote in my first comment.

The plugin is very handy and can be used for Jira SD and Jira software easy to use.

Also there is Jira automation lite plugin witch is free need to check if that plugin has the issue assigned option 

Suggest an answer