Missing reporter's email address

Loki BOT July 11, 2019

Hello,

as of today (11/07/2019) Jira Cloud Rest Api version 2 does not return the reporter email address when I get an issue.

I can still see the assignee email address.

What is changed and when is it going to be fixed?

ALSO,

how is it possible that such changes are not announced? 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2019

Hello everybody,

This change is related to:

More details about this change have been shared in the developers community:

Please review above 2 threads in community.developer.atlassian.com and add your questions to there, if any.

Cheers,
Dario

Loki BOT July 11, 2019

Thanks @Dario B , is there a way to know which pending changes are yet to be applied to my jira instances? 

Why instead of seeing what has been rolled out in the previous week, like: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog/2019/07/atlassian-cloud-changes-jul-1-to-jul-8-2019 

we don't get to see what's planned to be rolled out in the following week?

How far back in the blog I need to go to find announcements about changes that are yet to be rolled out?

Thank you

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2019

Hi @Loki BOT ,

Changes are announced some months in advance (like e.g. in this case this change was announced in May: Upcoming changes to Atlassian account profiles) and an email about the upcoming changes are sent to all the admins. 

Also, changes are not deployed to all the instances at the same time but we have a progressive roll-out. That's why it takes some time before the changes are applied to all the instances and similar situations may occur. 

I hope this explains.

Cheers,
Dario

1 vote
Andreas Schnederle-Wagner July 17, 2019

At least for unmanaged Accounts it seems like it's a Bug - See here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72483

Don't forget to upvote the Issue to show Atlassian the importance of this Bug ...

Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

0 votes
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2019

Hi @Loki BOT 

Can you confirm what endpoint you're using?

I've just hit:

And all have a fields.reporter.emailAddress node that shows the email address

CCM

Loki BOT July 11, 2019

Hi @Craig Castle-Mead 

https://****.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/LK-3183

Can you have access to my api?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2019

I wanted to chime in here as well. I do not use the API so wasn't in a position to check in my instance but I did reach out to other folks in the Community and they were not experiencing this issue.

Suggest an answer