Mandatory field for only bug issue type for a specific project

Su_Thazin_Thin October 16, 2019

Hi there,

I have created a bug screen with custom fields and have associated with the project I would like to use it on. However, when I make some of the custom fields required - the changes reflect on all issue types. I am looking to make some fields such as steps to reproduce and acceptance criteria required only for bug issue type not for story issue type or task issue type.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Su_Thazin_Thin October 16, 2019

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your suggestion! I think i was able to figure out. 

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2019

You need a field configuration for just bugs

Can I have Different Required Fields for Different Issue Types?

Yes, as long as it is a different issue type. Required fields, at creation time are controlled by the field configuration scheme. That scheme is composed of one or more field configurations. Every issue type can have its own field configuration inside the field configuration scheme. If you have 5 issue types and 1 has special needs you create a field configuration for the 4 issue types and another for the 1 issue type. Then you combine them into a field configuration scheme and apply that to the project. When an issue is created, it looks for a field configuration for that issue type and uses it. If it doesn't find one it uses the default in the configuration scheme.  Copy/paste this link for more information. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-a-field-configuration-scheme-844500805.html 

Suggest an answer