Linked issues problem on issue creation

Conor McGmail January 7, 2014

On our JIRA instance we are encountering the problem where the "Linked Issues" are failing to save when entered on issue creation.

We are running JIRA 6.0.5

When i create an issue and enter an issue link, Jira locates the linked issue and saves without any error. However upon completion of the save, the Linked Issues field is blank. Bizarrely if I open the issues history tab it has recorded that I have indeed linked the issue although the field itself is blank.

This is causing us serious pain as we are trying to use "Linked Issues" to populate a Structure for a hierarchical display of our project.

What i have had to do is remove Linked Issues from the Create Screen and ask that our users create the issue and save it. Then edit the issue and provide the links. This is cumbersome and time consuming.

Can someone please help with this one? Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2014

Hi Conor, which version of Structure are you running? Could you please post a screenshot of your Links synchronizer settings (open Manage Structures, locate the structure and click Settings in the Sync With... column).

Suggest an answer