Jira Service Desk Icons missing

Chris Chambers February 22, 2018

Icons keep disappearing from my Incident types, and likely other locations, in Jira Service Desk after I upgraded to Jira 7.7.0 and Service Desk 3.10.0.

If I re-select a default icon, or upload a custom 1 again, the icon appears for a few minutes, then disappears again.  This is happening regardless of browser.  Restarting the app and/or clearing browser cache makes no difference.

Once a custom icon is uploaded, where does it reside in the file system.  Do the "built-in" icons that ship with Jira/SD get stored in this same location or another?

Examples:

jiricon2.JPGjiricon1.JPG

Thank you,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KellyW
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2018

Hi Chris,

The project avatars reside under <JIRA_HOME>\data\avatars directory while the issuetypes images reside under <JIRA_INSTALLER>\atlassian-jira\images\icons\issuetypes directory.

After JIRA upgrade, please ensure that the custom image files are copied to the new <JIRA_INSTALLER> directory.

Regards,

Kelly

Chris Chambers March 6, 2018

thanks.  apparently the permissions changed, too.  I corrected that and all's well.

thanks!

Max Paw May 29, 2018

Didn't help. I'm installing service desk plugin over datacenter jira software, i don't have those images

Suggest an answer