Jira Service Desk Cloud and Active Directory

Salama Abdelhakim April 20, 2018

Hello 

We are going to use Jira Service Desk Cloud. Is it possible to integrate it with Windows Active Directory?
because We are looking to use Service Desk on the Cloud but it doesn't seem to allow Active Directory integration.

Where can I find the description of the settings?

Do we need additional software?

Is it possible now ?

how we can do it ??

If not, is there a solution that does the same job of Active Directory?

our company really need this solution of active directory or any solution that make the same work of active directory 

1 answer

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2018

Hi Salama,

This Identity Jira ticket tracks the work related to the LDAP integration with Cloud:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-79

It seems that Atlassian is actively working this issue, and according to the latest update from Dec 2017:

"We are currently implementing our APIs using the SCIM standard. If you have a strong preference for another way of doing an external directory sync it would be great to hear that in the comments below.

We are actively working with the following cloud identity providers to support their platforms with our solution:

• Microsoft AzureAD
  • Okta
  • OneLogin
  • Centrify

"

Salama Abdelhakim April 21, 2018

thank you sir for your answer

is there a solution that does the same job of Active Directory ??

Deleted user April 21, 2018

Hello,

Cloud supports local authentication, but I'd track the issue ID-79 since they're working on a solution to your request.

Salama Abdelhakim April 23, 2018

so i think there is no solution for this issue :/ :/

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2018

As far as I know, no.  The good news if that Atlassian is working on making this possible. I recommend to vote for ID-79 :-)

Suggest an answer