Jira Automation fields drop down has values that doesn't exist

krauch April 27, 2023

Why does the drop down in the Automation have two different Labels fields (on top of the System one)? We don't have such custom fields and if it was deleted, it's been more than 60 days. Don't understand where they are coming from. 

There are many many other fields that don't exist as well and it makes building automation very cumbersome because I don't know which ones are being used! 

Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 17.22.32.pngScreenshot 2023-04-27 at 17.23.07.pngScreenshot 2023-04-27 at 17.23.12.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2023

Hi @krauch and welcome to the Community!

It is very likely that those fields that you don't find in the list of custom fields are either system fields (like the first Labels field in your screenshot) or fields from team managed projects. Those projects have their own, siloed configuration and those fields are not managed centrally in Jira. But you may want to automate those as well of course.

Hope this helps!

krauch May 2, 2023

Ah I see, so these team managed custom fields would be configured in each individual team managed board... So if I wanted to clean up and get rid of these custom fields, I would have to find the team managed board that is using the custom field and switch that over to the system field and delete that custom field from the team managed board settings? 

There is no way to centrally see all the custom fields that team managed boards are using?

Suggest an answer