Dear Jira team

Do you plan to advance JQL syntax to add sqb-queries feature? I think it is very useful thing for me and for most of JIRA administrators 

Regards,

Andrew Starukhin

DeskAlerts Team Leader

2 answers

3 votes

Hi Andrew,

There are related feature requests for your question in JAC:

JRASERVER-18918 (for Server)

JRACLOUD-18918 (for Cloud)

That does not guarantee that Atlassian will be providing this functionality anytime soon, but you can watch the issues to stay informed.

In the meantime, be aware that you could already cover certain use cases using the statement <some JQL> AND Filter = "<name of a saved filter>" (or the filter id would work as well).

For some other cases, Scriptrunner might be a handy extension of your toolbox as well. For some examples and a link to more documentation, see this related question.

I think the answer is no. They have had the request for this feature for at least 9 years and have not implemented it. They make money from people buying 3rd party jira plugins that add the gaping gaps in functionality. So.. it seems the business decision is to leave the software broken, so they make more money.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

66 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you