Subquery syntax when using Scripted JQL funtion subtasksof("")

Dan Deftos July 28, 2014

I am trying to use this JQL function with a subquery contain an AND statement. Essentially searching for issues in multiple projects with a particular component. It does not seem to allow for multiple selections in the subquery. I am using the following:

project = X AND component = "Y" AND issueFunction in subtasksOf("project = X AND component = Y"). I have tried multiple methods of wrapping the subquery in parens and quotes. Is it possible to do this and I just have the syntax incorrect? Also I am assuming we cannot pass in the name of a filter here but have to enumerate the entire query we are attempting to make.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2014

that should work fine... in what way is there a problem?

You can use "filter = " - check the JQL docn.

> cannot pass in the name of a filter here but have to enumerate the entire query we are attempting to make

You don't have to duplicate the clauses - it depends what you want. In your case having project = X on the outer query is redundant, as subtasks can't be in different projects. They can have different components from the parent, so like I say, it depedns what you are trying to do.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2014
Dan Deftos July 30, 2014

I understand now what my original problem was. It was related to the fact that the specific component I was looking for was not a single word but multiple words (ex First Second). I gleaned that I needed to us the ' around this which worked perfectly. In addition I now know how to use a filer within this JQL function. Thank you very much for your responses. They helped immensely.

1 vote
Jose Carlos Cedillo Marquez February 8, 2019

Im trying to use 

issue in hqlLinkedIssuesOf("project = Roundup AND issuetype = "JIRA WR" AND "Project Name" = Lab-Ongoing-Tests AND createdDate >= startOfYear(-2) ", "", "")

And I JIRA send me this error

Error in the JQL Query: Expecting ')' or ',' but got 'JIRA'. (line 1, character 64)

Could you help with the SUBQUERY

Thanks

Matthew Davison July 25, 2019

you have to put a \ character before a quote when nested inside a function.

ex.

issuefunction in linkedissuesof("issuetype = \"JIRA WR\"")

Like Maysarah Abu-Laban likes this

Suggest an answer