JIRA SPRINT NOT CLOSING EVEN THOUGH ALL ISSUES ARE COMPLETE

Salabh Ankur January 12, 2022

I get the error in JIRA that my sprint's Stories have subtasks in incomplete state even though when I check all the listed stories, their respective subtasks are all in complete state.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RISHAV KUMAR GUPTA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2022

Hi @Salabh Ankur , 

Based on your Doubt I checked and was able to find that I was not able to complete the sprint even my stories were in done status and subtask related to that issue were not in done status . So , we need to make subtask for each stories in done status then only we can complete our sprint . 

Thanks for responding @RISHAV KUMAR GUPTA .
I have checked all the tasks, subtasks, stories on the board. All are in complete state. The board doesnt allow to complete the User Story if the subtask is incomplete.

RISHAV KUMAR GUPTA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2022

Yes  @Salabh Ankur  if anyone of the  subtask status  is incomplete(not in done status) you will not be able to complete the sprint .

ss new.png

Yes, But all my issues in the Sprint are complete. Still i get the error like the one shown in your screenshot when i try to complete the Sprint.

RISHAV KUMAR GUPTA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2022

I suggest to check correctly once  in  ISSUE tab (ALL ISSUE ) whether all are in done status or not . This might be possible condition .

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

Hi @Salabh Ankur 

You need to have a resolution field set for the sub-tasks in order to complete the Sprint!!

To ensure you have completed issues, please refer to the screenshot below

ZR1.png

Thanks,
Pramodh

Salabh Ankur January 13, 2022

Thanks for your response Pramodh
All of the subtasks and tasks/user stories in the sprint have the status as- Done

Untitled.jpg

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

Hi @Salabh Ankur 

Can you check your board query to confirm it has only one project and columns section as well?

Here are references I found in Community that could solve your problem

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Why-can-t-I-close-or-start-a-sprint/ba-p/1764879

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Unable-to-Close-Sprint/qaq-p/862326

Thanks,
Pramodh

Hi @Pramodh M 

Thanks for the references. I am checking those out.

Below are the screenshots of the board filter queries and columns.
Couldnt find anything wrong there.Board Query.JPGColumns.JPG

RISHAV KUMAR GUPTA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2022

Hi @Salabh Ankur   U have set  the Issue with the status name ( complete)  which is unmapped in the board configuration as u have shared . so mapped the  it to the done column  and the try u will be able to complete the sprint .  or make the each issue to done status then you will be able to complete the sprint .

thanks ,

Rishav

Like Monique vdB likes this

Hey @RISHAV KUMAR GUPTA 

You have solved my problem which nobody was able to. Thanks a ton. After the mapping, i was able to close the open Sprints. Kudos to you 

Like # people like this
RISHAV KUMAR GUPTA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2022

Thanks a lot @Salabh Ankur .

Maya.Zgrablic July 27, 2023

I had the same problem and based on the response from @RISHAV KUMAR GUPTA I was able to resolve it.  Thank you!

Sam Heks-Tuit December 17, 2023

Just to add to this solution here for anyone who might come across it - You need all your "Closed" status' to be in the right-most column on the kanban. So if you have this issue but you have a column holding "wont do" and a column containing "done" it will think all you tickets in the wont do column, arent completed. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events