JIRA Project Workflows / Need additional statuses

Anthony Greiner September 18, 2019

I have a JIRA project that is using the Software  Simplified Workflow as implemented when the project was created.  This workflow only has a few basic statuses: To Do; Done; Dev In Progress.

I would like to add a few more statuses around when it enters QA Testing and UAT.

I think I need to go into JIRA and add a new workflow to the project; currently there is just the one.

Has anyone utilized a workflow that has more status, especially around testing, included?  It appears that you can obtain workflows from the Marketplace. Is any one better than the other given my situation?  Are they free of charge?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anthony Greiner September 20, 2019

I was able to find how to implement my need for  new Status codes.

1.      Select the Jira icon  9-20-2019 2-57-11 PM.png> Jira settings > Issues.

2.      Click Workflows and then Edit for the relevant workflow.

3.      In diagram mode, select the Add Status button to add a new status.

The changes are immediate.

Status crosses workflows, so be careful if changing an existing status.

I only added new ones.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user September 18, 2019

Hi @Anthony Greiner - You are correct in saying you will need to bring a new custom workflow that tailors to your requirement and need. Have you already tried building a custom workflow, based on the documentation available here ? If you haven't, I strongly recommend you to give it a try as it is straightforward and there is lot more documentation in this context you will be able to find to answer any questions, you may have.

I am not sure about free Marketplace add-ons that would have this ready, but see if this add-on gives some additional help on what you are trying to accomplish. It can be tried for free.

Here is a past community thread that might be of some help for you.

-kalyani

Anthony Greiner September 20, 2019

Thank you for your quick response. I added a comment on the solution I found and utilized successfully.

Suggest an answer