JIRA Dropdown list Edited

Hi,

We are using JIRA Server, we are going to have three dropdown custom fields with 100,200 and 50 values in it. Is there any limit for dropdown list or any suggestions on this.

Can we use labels custom field instead of dropdown list?

Thanks,

Ashish.

1 answer

1 vote
Rachel Wright Community Champion May 30, 2017

Hi Ashish,

I don't know if there's a limit on the number of custom field selections, but I'd want to test the performance of a field like that, to make sure it doesn't slow the loading of the create screen, for example.  

Maybe someone else from the Community can respond with more info about option limits?

As far as labels, they are super felxible, which makes them both great and horrible at the same time.  :)  Your end users will have to be careful to use the needed format, syntax, and spelling, for you to effectively query on them.

For example, let's say I'm wanting the user to tag an issue with the country they are from.  Some users might add:  US, U.S., USA, U.S.A., United States, United States of America, trump-land, plus a typo or two.  

Hope this helps and maybe got a laugh (or cry) for "trump-land",

Rachel Wright

Lol, Thank you :-). Let see for more suggestions .

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

21,266 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you