It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Issues from next-gen project not showing in a classic board Edited

Hi,

I'm testing next-gen projects in Jira Cloud.

We have a classic project with a cross-project kanban board where we include issues from several projects.  So far, with the classic projects we organized their workflows in a way that they could match and show all issues at the board.

I added two next-gen projects to the filter I use for that cross-project board, but I get an alert saying the following:

"Some issues in the Saved Filter will not be shown on the board. View unmapped statuses which contain these issues."

Screenshot 2018-11-08 11.14.42.png

It seems that for each next-gen project, it creates new status, duplicating them at the columns workflow management.  Now I have 3 statuses:

• To do: Classic projects
  • To do: Next-gen project 1
  • To do: Next-gen project 2
  • Priority: Classic projects
  • Priority: Next-gen project 1
  • Priority: Next-gen project 2 

It doesn't make any sense to reorder the workflow for each new next-gen project.

Any tips?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Guillermo Marqueta,

not sure if you're still interested in this response, but some others might find the solution also helpful.

In next-gen boards, you can't explicitly configure your workflow as you're used to in classic Jira projects. You modify the workflow by simply adding or rearranging the columns on your next-gen board.

Jira creates in the background a separate workflow for every project - and this is also the reason why you have to map for every next-gen project you want to add, the statuses again.

Cheers,
Matthias.

Thanks for your answer @Matthias Gaiser -K15t- and time,
that does not solve my issue, as I can map all the statuses of every next-gen project.

It seems Jira understands each status in each next-gen project as a different status.

While I am using the same workflow for all of them, at the cross-project board I need the same statuses to be shown as only one, not to include them duplicated as many times as number of projects using those status.

Hi @Guillermo Marqueta , I wonder if you were able to come up with a workaround for this? I am also struggling with the same issue. Thanks!

Nope, @Masha Aksenova we are using a board we already had created previously with the old version.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

376 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you